Opportunities is up +11% from inception through September, significantly outperforming the Russell 2000, which fell -5% over the same time period.
Flagship is up +23% YTD through September, outperforming the S&P 500, which gained +6% YTD.
Below is a full recap. As always, let us know if you have any questions.
Our Opportunities strategy is now up +11% since inception after fees (aggressive risk profile), after gaining +2% in September.
This meaningfully outperformed the Russell 2000 benchmark, which fell -5% over the same time period.
Represents total return, after fees, from Opportunities Inception Date of 8/17/20 through 9/30/20. Full disclosures here.
We believe Opportunities (small/mid cap) is the perfect complement to our Flagship strategy (which focuses on larger stocks).
To invest in Opportunities, just click the button below to head to the mobile app. Then click the + button on the app navigation bar > choose your account > enter amount > select Opportunities.
Our Flagship strategy is now up +23% YTD after fees (aggressive risk profile), after a -5% pullback in September.
This is over 4x the market's return over the same time period, and many times more as compared to other advisors such as Wealthfront and Betterment.
Represents comparative year-to-date returns for Titan Flagship (after fees) through September 2020. Full disclosures here.
1) Market Pullback. After 5 straight months of gains, major indices were broadly lower, led by large-cap tech (namely our FAANG stocks).
2) Momentum Rotation. We saw weakness in growth/momentum stocks broadly due to crowded positioning and stretched valuations into Sept.
3) Hedges. Our hedges rose +3%, mitigating losses as the S&P 500 fell.
1) Consumer Alpha. Our theses in consumer discretionary stocks (e.g., FIVE, CLCT) began to play out despite the market pullback.
2) Momentum Rotation. The short-term rotation out of large-cap tech was a slight tailwind for the small-cap, more cyclical Opportunities portfolio.
3) Hedges. Our hedges rose +3%, adding alpha as the Russell 2000 fell.
We'll soon be publishing a new memo, exclusive for Titan clients, with our latest thoughts on the market climate and how we're positioned heading into the presidential election. Stay tuned.
Five Below (FIVE) +16%
Upwork (UPWK) +15%
Collectors Universe (CLCT) +11%
CarGurus (CARG) -11%
Frontdoor (FTDR) -11%
Smartsheet (SMAR) -9%
Uber (UBER) +8%
Schwab (SCHW) +2%
Charter (CHTR) +1%
Facebook (FB) -11%
Booking (BKNG) -10%
Apple (AAPL) -10%